General Mills - IT Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Full link to the job posting here - http://careers.generalmills.com/en/jobs/descriptions/it-automation-engineer-minneapolis-minnesota-job-1-5553652?country=united-states
Careers that nourish lives.
Our people have an opportunity to nourish lives around the globe every day. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.8 billion during fiscal 2013.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company that makes a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance the industry through innovation and nourish the world.
An information technology career at General Mills will put you on the cutting edge of opportunity. You'll work with state-of-the-art technology, well-known brands, and a solid team of professionals in an open, collaborative environment. We welcome new ideas and innovations, and encourage your growth and development throughout our IT organization.
The IT Automation Team is seeking a talented individual to join them in developing and maintaining the automation of IT infrastructure processes. This is an opportunity to flex your coding skills and learn more about IT infrastructure. Partner with other infrastructure teams to automate manual, repetitive, resource-intensive, or error-prone activities. This role will develop automation utilizing Windows PowerShell and Service Management Automation (SMA). Be a part of builidng and enabling GMI's Cloud capabilities!
In this role you will:
- Evaluate IT infrastructure processes for feasibility of automation
- Collaborate with IT infrastructure teams to gather requirements, design and develop automation of their processes
- Code, test, and maintain PowerShell scripts
- Provide technical consultation and governance of standards and best practices for PowerShell development and SMA
- Manage the health and stability of the SMA infrastructure
- Provide maintenance and life cycle management of the SMA platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, CIS (Computer Information Systems), Computer Science, or MIS (Management Information Systems)
- Minimum of two years experience with coding, programming, and/or scripting in PowerShell or .Net.
- Demonstrated scripting or application development skills
- Proficiency with Windows PowerShell, C#.NET, or VB.NET
- Understanding of SQL/Relational Databse fundamentals
- Ability to analyze complex processes
- Exposure to server/PC infrastructure, Active Directory, virtualization technologies, and System Center (SCCM, SCOM)
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Desire and ability to learn about new technologies
- Strong communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and team skills
- Results-oriented, capabale of managing multiple assignments
- Created on .