The Senior IT Technologist develops automated solutions that manage Medtronic's population of desktop computer systems, keeping them secure, up-to-date, and installed with the proper user applications. As a member of the Design & Engineering team, this position not only requires expertise in the systems management vertical, but also the breadth to design solutions that integrate with the entire Medtronic technical architecture. The senior technologist role is a member of a combined D&E / operations team jointly responsible for desktop computer system management.
- Define and implement best practices/standards for client software distribution.
- Develop and/or review all client technology solutions to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Identify, understand, and document all relevant components of client configuration management platforms.
- Provide technical & architecture assistance to implementation teams.
- Serve as a project leader on small to moderate-sized technical projects. Prepare and execute plans and schedule resources. Estimate costs, project deliverables and completion dates.
- Work with and advise clients in areas assigned on project needs and design.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Ensure that Medtronic's systems and the information on them are protected in accordance with Medtronic's Information Protection Policies and Standards, as well as best Information Protection practices.
- Bachelor's degree
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of IT experience with B.A or B.S.; 3+ years of IT experience with M.A. or M.S.
- Expertise with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM): architecture, installation and upgrades, administration and operational usage.
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems.
- Personal computing hardware and software architecture
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Collaboration and influencing skills
- Systems administration for client-facing platforms
- Knowledge of other systems management tools in an operational environment
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Must be able to travel independently to various Medtronic buildings/sites.
- Ability to travel nationally (and internationally) 25% of the time.
- Already has or has the ability to obtain a passport.
- Created on .