Mastering Windows 7 and 8.1 deployment using MDT2013 and Config Mgr 2012 R2 [4 days]
Build a Windows deployment solution using MDT 2013 and SCCM 2012 R2!
Build a real deployment solution using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 (MDT 2013) and System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 (SCCM 2012 R2). The first Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 deployment training where you pick the track to follow during four days!
The primary track is using MDT2013 and ConfigMgr2012 R2 to deploy operating systems, applications, and software updates.
The second, optional track, is how to build a deployment solution based on MDT 2013 Lite Touch. We simply wanted to give you the best possible windows deployment training, no matter if you plan to use ConfigMgr 2012 R2 or not.
Johan Arwidmark, Microsoft MVP in Deployment and the world's foremost expert in the OS deployment sector, developed this lab. Like all our labs, this is unique in that you access the best deployment specialists for four days. Time is set off for real life deployment issues where the instructor discuss and solve problems that you bring to the training. As always we take you for lunch at a nearby restaurant, where the discussions continue. Its almost like free consultancy.
During these four days you will learn how to:
- Plan and design for ConfigMgr 2012 R2 infrastructure changes
- Upgrade from ConfigMgr 2007
- Upgrade from MDT 2010 to MDT 2012/2013
- Create and deploy applications
- Configuring Software Updates
- Create and design reference images
- Create VB script wrappers for configuration items and applications
- Configure Security baselines for the Windows 7 & 8.1 image
- Master the driver injection features for os deployment
- Integrate MDT 2013 with ConfigMgr 2012 R2
- Extend OS deployment in ConfigMgr 2012 R2, with scripts, frontends, databases and web services.
- Configuring offline media
- Troubleshoot MDT 2013 and ConfigMgr 2012 R2
- Troubleshoot your Windows deployments
- Bending the rules, understanding and customizing the rules (customsettings.ini)
- Enbale Dynamic Deployments and much more!
Now updated to cover TPM, BitLocker, Orchestrator RunBooks etc.