Local Job in EP
System Engineer II - Eden Prairie MN-67201
This position covers detailed knowledge in operating systems, operational tools, networks, and other systems management software. This position requires familiarity with Windows OS, Mac OS and mobile OS and mobile technologies. Prospective employees will be expected to be familiar with industry recommended best practices for deploying software updates and 3rd party patches on a 30-day cycle using tools including but not limited to: SCCM, CA's ITCM and Client Automation CMT product, and JAMF's Casper suite. This position will perform systems engineering duties for both corporate and retail endpoints.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Automate routine administrative tasks using PowerShell and other industry recommended practices. Automate monthly patching processes using SCCM 2012 and other system management suites.
- Design best practices and document process and procedures for Tier 2 support teams. Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures. Analyze data gathered and assist in developing solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Perform testing of new or upgrades of the operating systems and system administrative software prior to implementing into the test and production environments.
- Develop and implement records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program.
- Review forms and reports, and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Solid skills in constructing, refining, and maintaining information models to meet business requirements. Enhanced planning skills required to conduct audits of information processing systems and applications to ensure accuracy of information and promote operational efficiency.
- Interface with equipment and software vendors regarding the testing and support of their products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience administering Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and conceptual skills used to define technical needs and solve technical problems. Ability to apply logical thought process and to learn new systems, concepts, and procedures.
- Familiarity with CA system management tools. Knowledge of Active Directory including DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, etc.
- Experience with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. Experience deploying to several thousand endpoints preferred.
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we've been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Created on .